AmeriCorps State Grants
Each year Volunteer Iowa grants and administers around $8 million of AmeriCorps State funding in Iowa through a competitive grant process. Programs may be awarded funding at the national level (through competitive funding) or state level (through formula funding).
- Volunteer Iowa posts its Requests for Applications for AmeriCorps State on this webpage.
- The Iowa application materials are based on the AmeriCorps State and National notices of funding opportunity and application instructions, but organizations that wish to operate an AmeriCorps State program solely within Iowa must follow the Volunteer Iowa application process.
Contact Senior Policy & Development Officer Jamie Orozco Nagel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-348-6233 with questions about the AmeriCorps State application process.
2023-2024 Iowa AmeriCorps State Funding Opportunity
The Iowa Commission on Volunteer Service (Volunteer Iowa) is pleased to announce a Request for Applications for Iowa AmeriCorps State programs to operate in 2023-2024
AmeriCorps State grants may award two categories of resources to address community needs: member positions and funds to support AmeriCorps members during their service terms (for operational grants) or to support planning activities to prepare for starting a new AmeriCorps program (planning grants).
Due dates for the application process depend on the type of applicant and funding requested:
Competitive & Public Health Key Dates
Formula Key Dates
Pre-Applications due to Volunteer Iowa
Current grantees: September 27, 2022
2022 Public Health applicants: October 4, 2022
Current grantees: September 27, 2022
New applicants: January 10, 2023
Final Applications & Supporting Documents due to Volunteer Iowa
Competitive & Public Health applicants: November 8, 2022
Current grantees: February 28, 2023
New applicants: March 14, 2023
2023-2024 Application Materials
- Request for Applications (RFA)
- RFA Appendices:
- Review Criteria & Final Application Instructions
- 2023 AmeriCorps State and National Mandatory Supplemental Information (PDF)
- 2023 AmeriCorps State and National Performance Measure Instructions (PDF)
- 2023 Public Health AmeriCorps Performance Measures Instructions (PDF)
- Alignment with Volunteer Iowa Priorities Form
- Applicant Operational and Financial Management Survey
- eGrants Indirect Cost Rate User Instructions
- AmeriCorps State and National Evaluation Plan Template
- Logic Model Template
- eGrants Performance Measure Module Instructions
- Detailed Budget Instructions for Cost Reimbursement
- Cost Reimbursement Budget Worksheet
- Detailed Budget Instructions for Fixed Cost
- Fixed Cost Budget Worksheet
- Budget Checklist
- Volunteer Iowa Fee Calculation Guide
- Final Application Checklist
- Applicant Guide & FAQs
2022-2023 Iowa AmeriCorps State Formula Planning Grants Available
- Volunteer Iowa is pleased to announce its funding opportunity for 2022-2023 Iowa AmeriCorps State Planning Grants.
- Planning grants support organizations with funds to allow them to work on plans for the design and implementation of new AmeriCorps State programs.
- Planning Grant Pre-Application Deadline: August 16, 2022
- Planning Grant Final Application Deadline: September 13, 2022
- Planning Grant Start Date: November 1, 2022
Planning Grant Application Materials:
- Request for Applications (RFA) - Formula
- RFA Review Criteria- PLANNING applicants
- Pre-Application Instructions - PLANNING
- Final Application Instructions - Planning
- AMERICORPS Mandatory Supplemental Information
- AMERICORPS Diversity Questionnaire
National Direct Consultation
Volunteer Iowa participates in the AmeriCorps National Direct Consultation process coordinated by America’s Service Commissions (ASC). Any AmeriCorps National Direct program proposing to operate in Iowa is asked to complete the form found on ASC’s consultation page.