Do you need a user-friendly online platform to recruit and manage volunteers? Then sign up today for a Get Connected account and start connecting members of your community to opportunities so that problems are solved, a helping hand is there when needed, and the right relationships are formed to bring about truly positive action.
- Find the county where your organization is based and click on the link for the system that serves your county- http://volunteeriowa.galaxydigital.com/volunteer-connector-organizations
- Click on the “Sign Up” button on the upper right menu bar
- Complete the registration steps. When your account has been approved, you will receive an e-mail that will provide you with a Web link to access your account and begin the Get Connected adventure!
To help you become comfortable with the Get Connected System, we recommend attending the Agency training offered by Galaxy Digital. You can register for the training here. We are using Get Connected 2.0, so make sure you don't sign up for the version 1.0 training!
Once your agency account is established, agencies may access the system any time of day from any computer with Internet access.
Wondering why we ask you to start with your local Volunteer Center or Volunteer Connector Organization as your point of entry into the system? It has been proven that keeping data and volunteer opportunities up-to-date and accurate is best performed at the local level, plus volunteers will turn to your local Volunteer Center or VolunteerConnector Organization for technical assistance on the system if needed.
Benefits of having an account:
- Easy-to-use volunteer management tools and social solutions, which saves you time and money and increases your impact as an organization
- World wide access by potential volunteers to see and respond to agency opportunities
- Streamlined communication between volunteers and agencies
- Tracking reports that recap postings, responses, volunteer hours, and much more!
- Post news items and community spotlights
- Social Media integration
- Disaster Management tool to help plan disaster preparedness and the coordination of volunteers in time of disaster.
- PUBLICITY! When state officials of Iowa speak about service and volunteering, they promote www.volunteeriowa.org as a source of information and volunteer opportunities for agencies and citizens.
- Reach a larger pool of potential volunteers. The Volunteer Iowa portal automatically networks between all other Get Connected systems in the state—allowing agencies and volunteers to manage their data locally while at the same time receiving statewide exposure for Iowa volunteer opportunities.
Send a message to email@example.com or call 1.800.308.5987.