Join AmeriCorps VISTA
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members provide service that aims to eliminate poverty. What members do in Iowa:
- Help to build capacity in nonprofits, government agencies, and faith-based groups.
- Work to decrease school achievement gaps, improve civil rights, increase availability of affordable housing, and coordinate response to disasters.
- Rather than offering direct service, AmeriCorps VISTA activities emphasize tasks such as fundraising, grant writing, creating training programs, and developing or improving agency systems.
Being an AmeriCorps VISTA member:
- All AmeriCorps VISTA positions are full-time for one year
- All members receive a living allowance and qualify for health benefits. Members may be eligible for child care assistance.
- Upon successful completion of service, members have a choice of either the education award or a cash stipend.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to join VISTA, but there is no upper age limit.
- As with all AmeriCorps programs, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for citizenship status and also the high school diploma or GED requirement/attainment.
Ready to join AmeriCorps VISTA? Contact Volunteer Iowa for more information by calling 515.348.6263 or emailing email@example.com. You can start searching for positions and applying immediately through the AmeriCorps website, https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do.