Volunteer with us!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering directly with Volunteer Iowa! There are two ways to volunteer with us: through our volunteer program and with our AmeriCorps VISTA project.
Our Volunteer Program
Volunteer Iowa accepts and promotes the involvement of volunteers at all levels of the agency and within all appropriate programs and activities, to build capacity, fuel growth, and inspire our work. It is our goal to have volunteers and staff work in true partnership with shared responsibility and accountability in the delivery and support of our mission and programs.
Our engaged volunteers have a tremendous impact on helping achieve the Volunteer Iowa mission and complement the work of our staff by:
- contributing more than $335,000 worth of service each year
- multiplying the reach and effects of the services, initiatives, and programs we offer
- allowing the commission to utilize taxpayer investments in a much more effective and impactful way by decreasing program and administrative costs
- assisting in developing and increasing innovative ways to engage volunteers and improve the volunteer management infrastructure across Iowa
- bringing new insights and energies to the work of the commission
Click HERE to find out more about volunteering directly with Volunteer Iowa & current open volunteer positions.
Our AmeriCorps VISTA Project
The Volunteer Iowa AmeriCorps VISTA project places VISTA members with host sites throughout the state of Iowa, focusing on Education and Veteran’s initiatives in close collaboration with the Governor’s Office in order to combat poverty in the state of Iowa. Click here to learn more about AmeriCorps VISTA, requirements, and benefits.
If you are interested in volunteering with other organizations, please visit our volunteer portal search page.